- Flickr - I just love photography, and the social aspect Flickr brings to photography has help me grow. The users also constantly inspire me to take more photos.
- Vox - Flickr is to photography as Vox is to blogging, at least to me. I have been able to read a tremendous amount of talented writing this past month I've been on Vox. I only wish more of my friends and family would accept invitations I send them.
- Last.fm - This site and service has opened me up to other music artists that I had not discovered or that I would not enjoy.
- Yelp - Whenever I'm unsure of where to eat, Yelp has always pointed the way. I need to contribute more to this site that has given me so many new places to eat.
- Janella.com - I still will post, though less frequently, to the web site that started it all for me. I think I'll be trying more HTML / CSS / whatever-language-you-choose on the site, but I don't think I will every abandon the site.
- Linkedin - You never know when you or someone you know is looking for another job.
What falls by the wayside?
- Mog - They tried to be a competing service to Last.fm. But slight slowness and the lack of anything different has left indifferent to their offerings.
- Yahoo! 360 - The promising power of Yahoo! But for some reason, follow-up features are lacking. Adding a RSS feed from Janella.com is the only thing keeping this blog updated.
- 43 Things - A list of things to do that I never completed. I'm not too good with lists.
- LiveJournal - Besides keeping up with my friends on LiveJournal, my blog there has only served as a mirroring service to Janella.com. I think posting the same content to one blog is enough, right?
I'm sure I have signed up for some other services, but I can't remember any of them right now. I know there is a MySpace, a Friendster, and Multiply account out there some where. I'm glad they are all free. Imagine paying for all of those services I don't use.