Apple can announce anything today. Just as long as it’s a new iPhone. I so desperately need a new phone.
- The headphone jack is broken.
- The physical volume buttons are broken.
- The side with the volume buttons is starting t split.
- The top power button, when pressed does nothing. This means I can’t power off my iPhone
I could have gone with an iPhone 4, but I held off for two reasons. The first, was to uphold a pledge to skip every-other-version of the iPhone. We had the First Gen, skipped the iPhone 3G, and got the iPhone 3GS. The second reason I waited was when my iPhone truly started to become unusable as a music device, it happened during that weird window where you know you need a new iPhone, so why get one. Why not wait?
I do hope the new iPhone is better than the iPhone 4, which was something I lusted after for some time. What I hope for in a new iPhone is:
- A screen as good as the iPhone 4 (e.g. retina display).
- The same or better camera.
- More powerful, processor-wise.
- More memory for less.
All that I ask above is doable, very doable. We’ll see what happens later on this morning. All I know is that by the end of the month I should have a new phone.